2016-2021: Online coursesTo gain some more relevant skills, I sometimes follow online courses, most of them in my free time
🔽 List of courses
- 2021: Introduction to programming in Python - Center for Digital Scholarship, Leiden University, see the materials here
- 2019-2020: Specialization Data Science: Foundations using R - Johns Hopkins University via Coursera
- 2019: Research data management and sharing (grade: 89.7%) - UNC & University of Edinburgh via Coursera
- 2019: Adobe InDesign Made Easy: A Beginners Guide to InDesign - Infinite Skills via Udemy
- 2016: Several statistics courses (average grade: 92.6%): Basic statistics, Inferential statistics, quantitative methods - University of Amsterdam via Coursera
2016-2019: MSc Neuroscience and Cognition (8.5)Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Major: Cognitive neuroscience
Minor: Science education and communication
- 2018-2019: Intern education - Utrecht University Museum, Utrecht
As part of my minor Science education and communication, I developed an educational program for the University Museum Utrecht for secondary school pupils (havo/vwo 1-2 and vmbo 1-3) about social sciences (attention), using the methods of inquiry-based learning (onderzoekend leren)
- 2018: Literature research: 'Neural mechanisms of adolescent fear extinction and fear extinction during reconsolidation: a literature review', supervised by dr. Marieke Bos and prof. dr. Joke Baas.
- 2017-2018: Research intern - Brain and Development Research Center, Leiden University, Leiden
During this internship, I set up, carried out and wrote about an fMRI study and planned and tested many adolescents (9-17 years old) for a large longitudinal research project (Brainlinks)
- 2017-2018: Author (2017: 11(1)) and reviewer (2017: 11(1-2) & 2018: 12(1-2)) at the Journal of Neuroscience and Cognition
- 2016-2017: Secretary - Mind the Brain symposium, Utrecht University, Utrecht
With 8 students, we organized a two-day neuroscience symposium, themed 'Criminal Minds'
- 2016-2017: Research intern - Experimental Psychology, Utrecht University, Utrecht
During this project, I set up, carried out and wrote about a longitudinal experiment into unilateral hearing loss and sound localization among healthy adults
🔽 Theses and reports
- Huijser, D.C. (2018). Neural mechanisms of adolescent fear extinction and fear extinction during reconsolidation: a literature review. Master thesis, link to thesis.
- Huijser, D.C. (2018). Tapping Trust Task (TTT): Investigating the mechanisms of interpersonal synchrony in the trust game. Internship report, link to report.
- Huijser, D.C. (2017). Using audiovisual recalibration to restore spatial hearing in the human brainstem during asymmetrical hearing loss. Internship report. Embargoed.
- Huijser, D.C. (2017). Functional connectivity changes and cognitive deficits in Alzheimer’s Disease. Journal of Neuroscience and Cognition, 11(1), link to review.
2013-2016: BSc Liberal Arts and Sciences (8.2)Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Major: Cognitive and neurobiological psychology
Minor: Language development
- Huijser, D.C., & Lichtenberg, L. (2016). Social Status and Status Motivations: The Association between the Wish for Popularity and Social Status in Late Childhood. Bachelor thesis, http://dspace.library.uu.nl/handle/1874/338248
Thesis supervised by dr. Aart Franken, grade: 8.0/10
- Huijser, D.C., Bakermans, M., Purkins, M. (2015). Looking down, moving up. An interdisciplinary approach to the consequences of the current language situation that has developed as a result of the elite status of the English language in India. Interdisciplinary bachelor thesis, http://dspace.library.uu.nl/handle/1874/340072
Thesis supervised by dr. Merel van Goch, grade: 7.9/10
2007-2013: Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs (VWO) (8.1)Christelijk Gymnasium Beyers Naudé, Leeuwarden,The Netherlands
Profile: Economics and Society